“Did you know that free-standing
kitchen ranges and improperly installed built-ins can tilt forward when someone applies too much pressure to an open door?
The possible result is injuries from the tipped range, and scalds and burns caused by hot food and liquids falling
from the range top.
While such an accident can happen to
anyone, small children and older people are especially vulnerable to accidental range tipping. The Association
of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) urges parents to supervise children when they’re in the kitchen and to teach
them the safe use of the range.
No one should ever use the open oven
door for support.
That’s especially important for older individuals who have difficulty stooping or bending.
For added protection against range-tipping
mishaps, make sure the proper anti-tip devise is installed on the range. This device secures the range to the floor
and/or wall and helps prevent it from tipping forward.
be safety conscious when using a range and other appliances. Use them only for the tasks they are designed
to do.” –Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers.